Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Day 1 Do'h!than Alabama
We had a good first day and made it through south Georgia to Dothan Alabama. The kids and I had never been through that part of the state. The sparse population was a little foreign to Sarah, who asked as we drove through Homerville GA, "Where are all the people?" We had a little trouble finding our hotel, which I booked two weeks ago as the Country Hearth Inn and Suites. We set the GPS and seemed to be right on track, but when Susan the GPS lady announced "You have reached your destination!" there was no Country Hearth to be found. A little research discovered that the hotel had just changed to a Quality Inn, which we had been staring at for 15 minutes.
That foolishness out of the way we were able to check in and get situated. We explored the hotel and the pool, but the rain kept the kids out of it for the afternoon. Meanwhile Amy got in touch with her relatives Aunt Carol, Cousin Pam and all their offspring.
We all met up for dinner at the "Top Thai" restaurant
The evening would not have been complete without a group picture so here it is in all it's glory.
The restaurant was pretty and Samuel and Sarah had fun clowning around with chopsticks.
Once the meal was over we parted company with the Alabama wing of the family and returned to our hotel. The rain had finally stopped, so the kids got in an evening swim before hitting the sack. I think I will call it a night as well. Please leave comments or email me with responses so I know you have seen this. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment